Science and Policy Making: towards a new dialogue
September 29th-30th 2016, Brussels, Belgium
We are pleased to announce registration is now open for the 2nd International Network for Government Science Advice Conference.
Jointly organised by the European Commission and the International Network for Government Science Advice (INGSA), this important global conference will bring together users and providers of scientific advice on critical, global issues. Policy-makers, leading practitioners and scholars in the field of science advice to governments, as well as other stakeholders, will explore principles and practices in a variety of current and challenging policy contexts. It will also present the new Scientific Advice Mechanism of the European Commission to the international community.
We have an outstanding programme with a number of high level speakers now confirmed including;
- Carlos Moedas, European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation
- Ann Mettler, Head of the European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission
- HRH Princess Sumaya bint El-Hassan, President Royal Scientific Society of Jordan
- Dame Anne Glover, Former Chief Scientific Advisor to the President, European Commission
- Tateo Arimoto, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies of Japan
- Daya Reddy, President-elect of the International Council for Science (ICSU)
- Flavia Schlegel, UNESCO Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences
- Jacqueline McGlade, Chief Scientist, United Nations Environment Programme
- Gordon McBean, President of the International Council for Science (ICSU)
- Vaughan Turekian, Science and Technology Advisor, US State Department
- Robin Grimes, Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Sir Phil Campbell, Editor-in-Chief Nature
- Dan Sarewitz, Arizona State University, and many more.
For more information and to register visit the conference website.