The workshop assembled a multi-disciplinary group of researchers with expertise in psychology, evolutionary biology and human development, sociology, social anthropology, ethics, policy studies, media studies, political philosophy, data science, AI, statistics, and monitoring and evaluation.
From the discussions emerged five priority elements that were identified as being critical to understanding wellbeing in the digital age:
- Human Development including early childhood learning;
- Mental health across the lifespan;
- Social cohesion, including group formation and dynamics, social capital and trust;
- Personal and public security; and
- Governance both of democratic processes as well as fair and just delivery of government core services.