Type of Intervention: Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Health, Local Government, Social Services
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: Decision made by the Ministry of Health
Overview: In the framework of the sanitary emergency decreed by the National Government in order to prevent and control the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus and its determination regarding the preventive isolation of the population over 70 years of age.
The mandatory measure will be given from March 20, 2020 at 7:00 in the morning until May 30, 2020 at 12:00 at night. This includes some exceptions to allow those over 70 to leave their place of residence, which are:
– Supply of medicines and consumer goods and basic necessities when they do not have a family or social support network
– Use of financial services, such as: claim for subsidies, withdrawal of resources, allocation of retirement or pension, and the others that are necessary to guarantee their subsistence.
– Access to health services in case it is not possible to guarantee it through home care.
– Cases of force majeure or fortuitous case.
– Those who, by exercising their public functions, must attend to the formalities of their current job.
– Servers of popular choice.
– Those who provide health services.
– Those who carry out an economic activity, unless they receive at home the subsidies or aid granted by the State institutions.
Full details here: https://www.minsalud.gov.co/sites/rid/Lists/BibliotecaDigital/RIDE/DE/DIJ/resolucion-464-de-2020.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group, Advice of EXTERNAL expert advisor or advisory committee, Scientific Evidence (e.g. academic paper, report)
Source of Evidence or Justification: World Health Organisation, International – academic, International – government
Evidence/Justification: That the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020 declared the COVID-19 pandemic, essentially due to the high speed of spread.
The Ministry of Health declared the sanitary emergency in Colombia until May 30, 2020 and adopted measures aimed at preventing and controlling the spread of COVID-19 in the national territory and mitigating its effects.
Evidence of the epidemiological behavior of the virus has indicated that adults over the age of 70 are the most vulnerable population against COVID-19.