Type of Intervention: Regulation, Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Executive Office, Local Government
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: IATF
Overview: IATF issues recommendations relative to the management of COVID-19 which are listed as follows:
– The National Task Force COVID-19 and sub-task group for the repatriation of OFWs are tasked to explore Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) tests for returning OFWs from high-risk areas.
– Starting 16 May 2020, all decisions on the imposition, lifting, and extension of community quarantines shall rest with the IATF.
– List of areas to be under Enhanced Community Quarantine and General Community Quarantine.
– Department of Tourism is authorized to fund sweeper flights for stranded domestic tourists.
– Starting 04 May 2020, Higher Education Institutions in areas not in Enhanced Community Quarantine will be authorized to operate with a skeletal staff to finish A.Y. 2019-2020, issue credentials to students, and prepare for flexible arrangements next A.Y.
Full details here: https://www.covid19.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/IATF-Resolution-No.-29.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – government
Evidence/Justification: “On 30 March 2020, the IATF created a sub-technical working group to develop a science-based approach in determining whether the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) should be lifted or extended by defining the parameters in assessing the Philippine’s COVID-19 situation. And on 3 April 2020, the IATF was able to finalize the parameters for the lifting or extending of the ECQ in Luzon. The parameters included trends on the COVID-19 epidemiological curve, health capacity of the country, social factors, economic factors, and security factors.
On 11 May 2020, the IATF was convened to analyze current scientific data and apply the parameters to determine the correct community quarantine or social distancing measures that should be implemented in different areas.
On 13 May 2020, IATF issued these clarifications to the IATF resolution no.35 and amended that low-risk areas should be placed under General Community Quarantine.”