Type of Intervention: Regulation
Sectors Involved: Immigration, Tourism
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: Department of Tourism Secretary
Overview: Administrative Order from Department of Tourism (DOT) on accommodation of frontliners and distressed Overseas Filipino Workers during the implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon Island:
– No accommodation establishments within Luzon shall operate during the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
– Instead, accommodation establishments can only avail its services to the following:
1) Employees from neighboring basic establishments located near accommodation establishments (e.g. grocery workers, BPO workers, pharmacists, among others)
2) Distressed OFWs
3) Health workers
4) Long-staying guests, and
5) Stranded passengers.
– All accommodation establishments shall operate on a limited capacity only.
– Conditions for room occupancy are provided in accordance with proper physical distancing rules and regulations.
Full details here: https://www.covid19.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/DOT-AO-No.-2020-001-B-v.5.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group, Perception of an increased threat
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – other
Evidence/Justification: Based on Memo from Executive Secretary, Office of the President dated March 15, 2020, placing entire Luzon under Enhanced Community Quarantine