Type of Intervention: Regulation, Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Executive Office, Finance/Economy, Health, Local Government, Private Sector and Businesses, Transportation
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: IATF
Overview: Revision on the classification of areas based on epidemic risk level, economic, social, and security considerations, and the appeals of LGUs.
1) Updated list of areas under Modified General Community (MGCQ) Quarantine until 30 June 2020.
2) Updated list of areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) until 30 June 2020.
3) All HUCs of NCR and the Municipality of Pateros shall be under GCQ until 30 June 2020.
4) Cebu City and shall be under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). Whereas, Talisay City (component city under Cebu province) shall be under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECCQ).
5) All areas to observe the following measures:
– Minimum public health standards.
– Localized community quarantine in critical areas with community transmission.
– Facility-based isolation of all returning citizens, suspect, and probable cases.
– Scaling of local health system capacity.
– Submission of complete and accurate data thru COVID-Kaya and DOH Data Collect.
6) Regional COVID Special Teams with Regional Task Force are directed to assist monitoring and contact tracing in areas with continuous transmission, and create a ground-operations plan in the next two weeks.
Full details here: https://www.covid19.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/20200615-IATF-RESOLUTION-NO-46-A.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – government
On 30 March 2020, the IATF created a sub-technical working group to develop a science-based approach in determining whether the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) should be lifted or extended by defining the parameters in assessing the Philippine’s COVID-19 situation. And on 3 April 2020, the IATF was able to finalize the parameters for the lifting or extending of the ECQ in Luzon. The parameters included trends on the COVID-19 epidemiological curve, health capacity of the country, social factors, economic factors, and security factors.
On 27 May 2020, an updated risk classification was released with the goal of balancing economic activity and public health. And as of 14 June 2020, the total number of confirmed cases in the Philippines is 25, 930.
For the case of Cebu City and Talisay City: Due to the increasing new cases, widespread community transmission, doubling time in less than seven days, and significant increase in critical care utilization, the former was placed under ECQ and the latter in MECQ.