Type of Intervention: Regulation, Specific Action, Other
Sectors Involved: Civil Defence, Executive Office, Finance/Economy, Health, Local Government, Private Sector and Businesses, Police and Interior Affairs, Tourism, Transportation
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: IATF
Overview: IATF updates and reclassifies its risk classifications of regions, provinces, and cities. List of previous areas announced under community quarantine guidelines issued under Resolution No. 35 have been revised.
– Beginning May 16 until May 31, 2020, the following areas shall now be placed under new community quarantine guidelines:
1) Cebu City and Mandaue City shall be placed under ECQ
2) Metro Manila, Angeles City in Zambales, and the provinces of Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Zambales, Laguna shall be placed under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ)
– All other regions, provinces, and cities shall be placed under GCQ
Full details here: https://www.covid19.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/IATF-Reso-37.pdf
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – academic, National – government
Evidence/Justification: – IATF finalized its parameters for lifting and/or extending community quarantine measures on April 3, 2020. The parameters include trends on COVID-19 epidemiological curve, national health capacity, socio-economic factors, and security factors.
– The president also issued EO 112 which adopted and included the omnibus guidlines on the implementation of community quarantine measures throughout the Philippines.
– Document was made in compliance to conditions set upon EO 112 which require the need to establish omnibus guidelines on implementing community quarantine measures.