Type of Intervention: Regulation, Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Executive Office, Finance/Economy, Local Government
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: IATF
Overview: Revisions in risk-level classifications for all geographic regions of the Philippines, based on the IATF Screening and Validation committee, for the period begining June 01, 2020 until June 15, 2020:
1) Areas under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ)
– For Luzon: Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Region I, Region IV-B, and Region V
– For Visayas: Region VI and Region VIII only
– For Mindanao: Region IX, Region X, Region XI, Region XII, Region XIII (Caraga Region), and Bangsamprop Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM)
2) Areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ)
– For Luzon: Pangasinan Province, Region II, Region III, Region IV-A, and the whole National Capital Region (Metro Manila)
– For Visayas: Region VII, including Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City
– For Mindanao: Zamboanga City and Davao City
Since the cities/municipalities of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila) and Cebu City are classified as high-risk areas, the IATF has strictly advised regional IATF units in the mentioned areas to monitor health system performance, capacity, and all isolation and treatment protocols.
Selected industries in GCQ areas cassified as Category III industries (e.g. financial services, non-leisure services, non-leisure wholesale and retail establishments, barbershops and salons) can begin to repopen on June 7, 2020 at 30% operational capacity, with a gradual increase of up to 50% in the coming days.
Full details here: https://www.covid19.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/20200529-IATF-RESOLUTION-NO-41.pdf
Other links: 1
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group, Learning from other jurisdictions, Scientific Evidence (e.g. academic paper, report)
Evidence/Justification: On 30 March 2020, the IATF created a sub-technical working group to develop a science-based approach in determining whether the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) should be lifted or extended by defining the parameters in assessing the Philippine’s COVID-19 situation.
On 3 April 2020, IATF finalized parameters on deciding the lifting or extension of Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon, which includes trends on COVID-19 epemiological curve, health capacity, socio-economic factors, and security factors.
On 23 May 2020, IATF released Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines in accordance to Executive Order No. 112.
On May 27, 2020 the Department of Health reported a total of 15,588 confirmed cases in the Philippines.