Type of Intervention: Executive Order, Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Education, Health, Indigenous Peoples, Police and Interior Affairs, Social Services, Supply Chains, Transportation
Intervention Categories: Social and physical distancing measures; Adapting or closing offices, businesses, institutions, and operations; Gatherings, businesses, and services; Domestic travel; Planning and strategy; Creating and using advisory groups or committees
Level of Jurisdiction: City
Lead People/Agency: Crisis Cells in Al- Diwaniyah, Basrah and Wasit governorates
Overview: The Crisis Cell in Al-Diwaniyah Governorate, held a meeting to discuss the developments of the weekly epidemiological situation and follow up on previous decisions. Among the new decisions are:
1- To tighten the comprehensive curfew on individuals and vehicles and to not allow other than emergency situations to pass through security detachments, and to prevent gatherings under any event or pretext.
2) Stressing the commitment to preventive and safety procedures for employees of the security services, and urging citizens to implement them to preserve the health of all.
3) Disseminating gatherings in residential areas and markets, closing cafes, gyms, and swimming pools, and directing the security services to prevent social events (mourning councils, weddings) to follow precautionary measures.
5) Call on tribal leaders to issue clear instructions to limit gatherings and events to limit the spread of the epidemic.
6) Closing the entrances to the governorate, mainly the Nessima roads and to not allow other than food trucks, oil derivatives, and exceptional cases to enter the governorate.
7) The closure of private medical clinics who previously violated the preventive conditions and procedures.
8) The Special Committee prepared its final report, on the possibility of using caravans as a medical quarantine site for those injured in the event of an epidemic.
9) Forming a supervisory committee to monitor the prices of foodstuffs in the markets, medicines, and medical supplies in pharmacies and to hold violators accountable.
10) To present the study and recommendations prepared by Al-Qadisiyah University on the epidemic crisis in the governorate.
In the same context, earlier in the day, the Crisis Cells in Basra and Wasit provinces decided to extend the comprehensive curfew in the governorates until Thursday.
Full details here: https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%83%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D8%A7-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82/350087/%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7-%D9%85%D8%A7-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%82-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%B8%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AC%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%8A
Other links: 1
Type of Justification: Perception of an increased threat
Evidence/Justification: Due to the increase in the number of cases and the fear of a second wave of the virus