Type of Intervention: Specific Action
Sectors Involved: Health, Indigenous Peoples, Local Government, Private Sector and Businesses, Police and Interior Affairs, Social Services, Supply Chains, Tourism, Transportation
Level of Jurisdiction: City
Lead People/Agency: Maysan Governor Ali Douay Lazim
Overview: The Crisis Cell in Maysan held its seventeenth meeting headed by Governor Ali Douay Lazim, head of the Crisis Cell in which a number of decisions were taken to tackle the outbreak of the Coronavirus. The decisions were the following:
– To apply the partial curfew from 6 pm to 5 am, starting tomorrow, Sunday in accordance with the decision of the Supreme Committee for Health and National Safety until further notice with the inclusion of the days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) of each week.
– The continuation of the work of security and health services in general, and institutions that provide basic services to citizens such as the departments of Amara Municipality, Maysan municipalities, Maysan sewers, Maysan water, Maintenance of Maysan electricity distribution networks, Maintenance of oil product terminals, Communication and Internet maintenance, Workers in the Marketing plan, Maintenance of irrigation projects for Maysan and the banks of Al-Rafidain, Al-Rasheed, and Al-Iraqi.
– To allow the state departments to work at a rate not exceeding 25%, according to need and necessity, and obliging citizens to wear masks in public places and holding accountable violators.
– To open complexes and medical clinics daily during the period of lifting the curfew, except on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, while adhering to the preventive directives and procedures.
– Prevent the establishment of condolence gatherings and any other occasions that require gatherings while allowing taxi vehicles to work during the period of lifting the curfew, and allowing restaurants to provide home delivery services only without dine-in services.
-Allowing people to practice sport activities from 4 pm to 9 pm according to their region except for days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) with a commitment to stick to preventive directives and procedures. T
— The security authorities were directed to tighten their procedures, prevent gatherings inside the shops, and compel people to adhere to social distancing and follow the necessary preventive measures.
– To continue to intensify media messages in raising awareness of the methods of prevention and warning of the risks of the spread of the Coronavirus
– To continue the campaigns of sterilization and fumigation for all areas of the province, and the decisions will be re-evaluated according to the epidemiological position of the Coronavirus
Citizens were called to adhere to the directives and precautions and limit themselves from leaving their houses unless for necessary reasons and to continue to apply the highest levels of responsibility.
Full details here: https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%83%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D8%A7-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82/348467/%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A3%D8%B2%D9%85%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%A7-%D9%88%D8%AA%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%B0-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%A9
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Evidence/Justification: To tackle the outbreak of the Coronavirus.