Type of Intervention: Advisory
Sectors Involved: Health
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: The National Health Commissioner
Overview: In consideration of the situation and possible impact on Seychelles the Public Health Authority is issuing the following update to the travel advisory:
• Seychellois and non-Seychellois residing in Seychelles are advised not to travel to China, including the Special Administrative Regions (SAR) of China until further notice.
• Local trade partners are advised to give all visitors from China, including the SAR, who were planning to visit the Seychelles in the coming months, the opportunity to cancel or postpone their holiday at no cost.
• All foreign workers who are presently in China and were planning to return to Seychelles areadvised to postpone their return travel until further notice.
• All airlines with flights bound for Seychelles are advised not to board any passengers or crew members (except returning Seychellois nationals and residents) who have been to China or the SAR in the last 14 days.
• Any person arriving in Seychelles by sea (except returning Seychellois nationals and residents) will not be allowed to disembark if he/she has been to China, including the SAR in the last 14 days.
• All returning residents who have been to China, including the SAR of China and any other countries where there has been significant local transmission will be put under obligatory quarantine at the Military Academy in Perseverance for 14 days upon arrival.
Full details here: http://www.health.gov.sc/index.php/2020/03/16/public-health-authority-update-on-covid-19-and-new-travel-advisory/
Type of Justification: Advice of INTERNAL government advisory committee or group
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – government
Evidence/Justification: The global outbreak of novel coronavirus has had over 20,000 confirmed cases in 23 countries. Most of the are scattered across China but mainly Hubei Province. Out of the countries with confirmed cases, six caseshave had travel history to China. And, new cases continue to be registered daily in China despite strict
measures in put in place.