Type of Intervention: Other Announcement
Sectors Involved: Health
Level of Jurisdiction: National
Lead People/Agency: President
Overview: Message from the President on the response to the Covid-19 pandemic in the Republic of Congo
Full details here: http://www.tourisme-environnement.gouv.cg/message-de-excellence-monsieur-president-de-republique-chef-de-letat-riposte-a-pandemie-covid-19-republique-congo/
Type of Justification: Advice of EXTERNAL expert advisor or advisory committee, Perception of an increased threat
Source of Evidence or Justification: National – government
Evidence/Justification: The main decision:
• the extension of the state of health emergency, in accordance with the provisions of the law recently adopted for this purpose by the Parliament, ie until May 10, 2020;
• the prolongation of the home confinement of the whole population, for 15 days, under the same conditions as those of the first phase which ends on April 30, 2020;
• the large-scale implementation of the CORONAVIRUS screening test;
• strengthening the means of the clinical and biological response;
• compulsory wearing of a mask for anyone present in closed or open public spaces.
• organize cash transfers for the benefit of 200,000 most vulnerable households.
The Government will also have to negotiate, with national credit institutions, the establishment of moratoria and rescheduling, for the benefit of companies in difficulty, of loans granted before the onset of the pandemic