Announcing the Inaugural INGSA Asia Grassroots Science Advice Promotion Awardees
The inaugural INGSA Asia Grassroots Science Advice Promotion Award was established to provide opportunities to alumni of INGSA Asia workshops to deliver their newly-gained insights and skills in science advice to their fellows’ scientists or policy makers in their home country. After reviewing applications from various countries, INGSA Asia is excited to announce the 6 inaugural awardees from 6 different countries in Asia:
- Dr Anjana Pandey (India) – Science Advice on Nutrition and Health
- Dr Benjamin Vallejo (Philippines) – Postnormal Science Advice on The Rehabilitation of Manila Bay
- Dr Hammad Cheema (Pakistan) – Using Scientific Evidence for Maximizing Benefits of China Pakistan Economic Corridor
- Dr Laely Nurhidayah (Indonesia) – Science Advice on Disaster Mitigation and Climate Change Adaptation at Grassroots Level in Indonesia
- Dr Sarwar Jahan (Bangladesh) – Government Science Advice in Forest Products Industry
- Prof Ir Dr Suzana Yusup (Malaysia) – Energy security in Malaysia – the past, present, and way forward
Congratulations to all the awardees! More information about the workshops and activities will be shared as they develop.
We look forward to offering future opportunities such as this in future. To make sure you receive the most up-to-date information, make sure you are signed up to the INGSA network.