Nominations for the INGSA Governing Board
In 2021 INGSA formally constituted as an incorporated society under New Zealand law. As a New Zealand based international organisation, the INGSA secretariat will continue to be hosted at the University of Auckland, while its Governing Board will comprise of individuals situated across the globe, having international-calibre experience and expertise at the interface between science and public policy.
INGSA is now launching a process to fill the Executive Officer positions of its governing board within the context of its new constitution.
Nominations close: 26th May 2021
The elected positions of the Governing Board to be filled are:
- The President of INGSA
- Vice-President, Evidence (intended to bring insight from the research and knowledge community)
- Vice-President, Policy (intended to bring insight of the policy-making community)
- Vice-President, Capacity (intended to bring insight in capacity building for the core competencies in science advice to governments, whether focused on individuals, institutions, or both)
Expectations of the Executive Officers of the Governing Board:
- This is a volunteer position on a governing board of an international non-government organisation.
- Time commitment: Quarterly Board meetings (~2 hr each) plus AGM (1 day commitment)
- Executive Officers shall hold office, in that capacity, for one non-renewable term of three years but may then be appointed as a Non-Executive Officer
- For details on the election process, and the make-up and role of the Governing Board, please see Section 7 of the INGSA Constitution
Election of the Officers
A Nominating Committee is being finalised and will be posted soon. The Nomination Committee will be charged with selecting the top two candidates for each role. These two candidates will then go to an online election of the general INGSA network members.
Nominating for the Governing Board
- To be eligible for consideration, CANDIDATES MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE INGSA NETWORK. To ensure that you are and that we have the most up-to-date information for you, please re-enter your details at www.ingsa.org/join
- All Candidates must submit their 'Application for Nomination' form via the online application form. This 'Application for Nomination' form includes your 'Statement of Nomination' as well as your Referee's 'Statement of Support'. Please be aware that if your application proceeds to the election stage then your 'Statement of Nomination' will be made public to INGSA members to inform their vote.
- All Candidates must submit their CV via the online application form [Maximum 3 pages]
- To satisfy the election process ALL REFEREES MUST ALSO BE MEMBERS OF INGSA. They can sign up or confirm their membership by entering their details at www.ingsa.org/join