INGSA Regional Chapters
INGSA has chapters in Africa (INGSA-Af), Asia (INGSA-As) and Latin America & the Caribbean (INGSA-LAC) with plans for Europe and the Middle East. Regional chapters are designed to build networks of common interest to enhance science advice capacity while respecting regional and domestic specificities.
The role of the regional chapters is to:
• Assist regional science advice capacity building.
• Build a network of science advice practitioners at a regional level (sharing contacts and best practices).
• Act as a support mechanism to policy makers.
• Build a regional science advice eco-system (supported by training and research grants).
• Raise awareness about the principles and practices of science advice.
• Provide regional input to INGSA for its global activities.
• Provide regional input into INGSA’s annual work plan and strategy.
For more information on INGSA’s regional chapters see the individual Chapter pages:
Adding depth to our activities, INGSA is establishing divisions designed to address the structural and thematic issues related to different levels of policy making.
A division on International & Science Diplomacy has been established that also provides the administrative support to FMSTAN (the Foreign Ministries Science and Technology Advisory Network).
Planning is also underway for divisions dedicated to the science – policy interface at the subnational and municipal level, particularly with respect to ‘urban science’.