Professor Sir Peter Gluckman is Chair of INGSA and the first Chief Science Advisor to the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Professor James Wilsdon is Vice Chair of INGSA and Director of Policy, Impact and Engagement at the University of Sheffield, contributor to the Guardian’s ‘Political Science’ blog and Director of the Nexus Network.
Kristiann Allen is Secretary of INGSA and Chief of Staff at the Office of the Chief Science Advisor to the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Lara Cowen is Senior Programme Officer of INGSA.
INGSA is overseen by an Advisory Panel, drawn from international academia, organisations, government and civil society. This group provides oversight of the network’s direction, priorities and work plan. The current members of the Advisory Group are below:
- Aidan Gilligan of SciCom-Making Sense of Science
- Anne Glover of the University of Aberdeen
- Carthage Smith of the OECD’s Global Science Forum
- David Mair of the Joint Research Centres of the European Commission
- Eva Alisic, Global Young Academy
- Flavia Schegel of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Heide Heckman of International Council for Science
- James Wilsdon of the University of Sheffield
- Johannes Klumpers of Scientific Advice Mechanism, European Commission
- Julie Maxton of the Royal Society London
- Kari Raivio of the Finnish Academy of Sciences
- Sir Mark Walport of the UK Government Office of Science
- Mohammed Hassan of The World Academy of Sciences
- Ottmar Edenhofer/Martin Kowarsch of Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons & Climate Change
- Sir Peter Gluckman of Office of Prime Minister of New Zealand (Science Advisor)
- Rémi Quirion of the Office of the Chief Scientist, Quebec Canada (Chief Scientist)
- Rong Ping Mu of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Roseanne Diab of the Academy of Sciences of South Africa
- Stuart Pritchard of the Wellcome Trust
- Yuko Harayama, of the Japanese Cabinet Office
- Zakri Hamid of the Office of the Prime Minister of Malaysia (Science Advisor)
For more information about our African Chapter please visit the INGSA Africa page.